Is your website working well for you, or are you unhappy because you don’t seem to get the amount of traffic you think you should?
It could be your SEO isn’t working- we can optimise your site to make sure it starts working for you with more efficiency and more visibility.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation.
What that means in simple terms is, that having your SEO set up correctly means you get much better traffic to your website, due to having the right keywords, meta data and link-building ie. all the technical components that work together.
During the pandemic, the internet usage has been higher than ever. People are streaming more films and TV, attending online meetings and online shopping. Therefore, if your business website isn’t ready to react instantly to customers’ needs, they will move on to the next business.
Things have changed on the SEO front too. In the past Google algorithms were all about keywords, now, although they are still important, they aren’t everything!
What is important however, that the information you have your site is correct for search engines to find it easily and if you are not secure, they will actually hide your site from view.
Another reason good SEO is important is that it helps build the reputation of your site - your domain authority.
8tipsto apply to your2021 SEO strategy
- Write for humans first and search engines second.When keywords were ‘king’, people would try to include as many of them as possible, but there is no clever way to trick a search engine. In which case, it is far more important to write interesting informative copy that captures your audience’s interest, and provides what they are looking for in terms of buying.
- Use targeted keywords in all the right places. Keywords are the words commonly searched for. Therefore, once you have written for humans, then make sure you have naturally added in keywords that are important for your business.
- Focus on user experience (UX). A hugely important factor of your website is the ease in which visitors can navigate around it. People don’t have much patience, so if it isn’t straightforward, and links don’t work instantly, or there are empty pages, and it is confusing, they will leave your website quickly. The same goes for Google.
- Focus on building relevant links. Link-building is important because you acquire back links.This is when another website links to your’s in either an article or a post. If you are writing informative blogs and information on your site, then the more likely that others in your industry will reference your site. You can do the same for others too, by adding links to other sites when blogging. Also link internally, within your own site to previous blogs, or other pages as long as it is done naturally. People have found they can notice an impact after one to three months.
- Format content for featured snippets.These are the highlighted answer boxes that pop-up at the top of pages when you search for a query on the web.If you end up as a featured snippet you know your site is doing something right. Things that help are bullet points; numbered lists; infographics and answering question-based searches directly.
- Beware a slow site. Remove anything that slows it down. The technical stuff, which many of us don’t always find interesting, is what needs to be right. This is where a good web designer can help with sorting out the most up-to-date plugins, clean up code, optimise and compress your images, make sure everything flows well. They will also make use of tools to continue to monitor your site in the future.
- Pay attention to search engine updates. Google are constantly updating and tweaking their algorithms so it important to keep up to date too.